Coconut Oil – A Pleasant And Yummy Way To Treat Vaginal Yeast Infections
Vaginal yeast infection is a common condition affecting many women. The symptoms can vary in severity and can be very embarrassing to a woman.
Usually it is characterized by vaginal irritation, intense itching and abnormal vaginal discharge.
Use of conventional drugs is often accompanied by side effects and is not an effective or permanent solution.
Fortunately coconut oil is the best answer for people seeking for an alternative natural treatment. Organic extra virgin coconut oil is a powerful anti-fungal remedy and a very pleasant vaginal yeast infection treatment.
In This Article
What is so special about coconut oil in treating vaginal yeast infection?
Coconut oil is highly rich in three active ingredients - lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid. All these medium chain saturated fatty acids have astounding anti-viral, anti-microbial, antioxidant and anti-fungal properties. These highly valuable components of coconut oil are effective in destroying yeast colonies.
Laboratory tests have proved that coconut oil has the ability to explode the nucleus of the Candida yeast cell. Caprylic acid is a potent anti-fungal agent that kills Candida cells by interfering with their cell walls. These active ingredients also target the harmful bacteria and leave the friendly bacteria alone.
This restores the balance between the good and bad bacteria and paves the way for the infection symptoms to subside gradually. In short it promotes healthy vaginal flora.
Moreover coconut oil controls the irritation and reduces the inflammation of the vaginal area.
Coconut oil benefits for vaginal yeast infections
- The caprylic acid in coconut oil breaks down the cell membrane of the yeast cells that cause vaginal yeast infections. It controls the yeast population and prevents it from proliferating and replicating itself.
- Sugar feeds the Candida yeast in your system. Coconut oil acts as a sugar substitute and controls the primary food source of growing fungal colony. Yes, coconut oil is a natural sweetener and energy booster that can reduce your craving for carbs.
- Virgin coconut oil has generous amounts of lauric acid, a nutrient which helps to strengthen and support the body’s immune system. Remember, an impaired immune system leaves you vulnerable to vaginal yeast infections.
How to use coconut oil for vaginal yeast infections
Buy high quality extra virgin coconut oil and start using it either internally or externally.
- Internally: The recommended dosage of coconut oil that can be taken orally is three to five tablespoons daily. However you can start with a smaller dosage and increase gradually. You can directly ingest it or replace your regular cooking oil with coconut oil. It can also be stirred in to your coffee or tea or added to smoothies. It can also be used as a substitute for butter.
- Coconut oil can also be applied topically on the vaginal area which works wonders in soothing the itching and burning sensation caused by the infection. You can also soak an organic cotton tampon in coconut oil and insert in into the vagina and leave it there overnight. Repeat this time tested yeast infection cure for three to four nights.
Coconut oils works effectively and safely in inhibiting Candida overgrowth without any adverse side effects. However make sure to buy only high quality extra virgin organic oil that is unpasteurized and not treated in any way. Coconut oil is a pleasant and yummy way to cure vaginal yeast infections.
- » Vaginal Yeast Infection Home Treatment - How To Treat The Root Cause Of The Infection
- » Monistat External Vulvar Cream - The Incredible Power To Cure A Yeast Infection
- » Sugar And Vaginal Itching
- » Can Yellow Discharge Be A Sign Of A Yeast Infection
- » Vulva Swelling and Yeast Infection
- » Deal With Whiteness Associated With Vaginal Yeast Infection
Category: Vaginal Yeast Infection